- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Caribbean cukes salad
Sure, Caribbean Red papaya is perfect for fruit salads. But add a veggie favorite such as cucumber and the papaya's exotic taste will make the dish.
- Cucumber - 1 small
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Wine vinegar - 1/3 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbs
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbs
- Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped - 1"
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1/4, cut into small pieces
- Papaya seeds - 1 tps, chopped
- Ciltrano, chopped - 1/4 cup
- . With a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber. Then cut it in half lengthwise and slice into 1/2" slices. Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle them with salt and toss. Let drain.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya and cut it in half lengthwise. Keep 1 tsp of the seeds and discard the rest of them. Chop the papaya into 1/2" pieces.
- Rinse the cucumber slices and pat dry. Let drain in the colander.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil and ginger.
- Add the cucumber and papaya to the large bowl and toss. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add cilantro and chopped papaya seeds and toss.