- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Dragon and stars fruit salad
The dragonfruit salads above have the same yogurt dressing. Red dragonfruit's so juicy there's no way to toss it into a salad without it's color being added to the dressing and other ingredients.
Embrace the red, it's a delicious choice. Just decide how red you want to go. You can either toss the dressing and red dragonfruit first, then top the salad with other fruits or truly embrace the red and toss all the ingredients together for a remarkable looking and tasty salad.
- Non-fat Greek vanilla yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Light cream cheese - 4 oz.
- Sugar - 2 tbs
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Lime - 1
- Dragonfruit, red or white - 2
- Florida starfruit - 1
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1/4 of fruit or 1/3 cup chopped
- Groovy Coconut, shredded - 1/8 cup
- In a large bowl combine the yogurt, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and the juice of one lime. Put aside.
- Slice open a dragonfruit vertically (for the best bowls). Scoop out the insides and copy into 1" pieces. Add to the bowl. Save the skins for the salad's bowls.
- Trim the starfruit's ribs with a veggie peeler. Slice into star shapes. Discard any seeds. Add to the bowl.
- Open a Caribbean Red papaya. Use about a 1/4 of the fruit to chop into 1" cubes. Add to the bowl.
- Open a Groovy Coconut. Shred for about an 1/8 of a cup. Add to the bowl.
- Gently toss to combine. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Serve divided between the 4 dragonfruit halves.