- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Fresh coconut butter
Although you could use coconut butter as you would use plain old everyday butter, don't fence it in. Whereas butter merely enhances the flavors of what it smothers, coconut butter adds the tropics to it. Take that slice of bread to the tropics!
- Open a Groovy Coconut. For an easy way to do this...
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the coconut oil. Heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the Groovy Coconut's white insides into large pieces and add them to a food processor. Process until the coconut is in small pieces.
- Add the melted coconut oil and salt to the food processor. Pulse until relatively smooth. Be sure to scrape the sides a couple of times in the process.
- Pour into a resealable freezer container. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
- The coconut butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.