- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Frozen Papaya Coconut-Rum Cocktail
Adding two tropical fruits with a little rum and the summer's heat is not that bad. But adding a hot chili pepper to take the edge off the sweltering temperature is mind-boggling. After the first sip, it all makes sense. Now that's sweet heat!
- 1/2 cup Caribbean Red® papaya, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 ounce coconut milk or spiced rum
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced dried hot chili pepper
- dash nutmeg
- In a blender, process ripe papaya, thinned with a little pineapple juice, spiked with coconut or spiced rum and ice.
- To make it a sweet-heat cocktail, add just a small amount of finely minced, dried hot chili pepper, like a bird chili or something similar.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.