- Yield: 4 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Fruity starfruit pesto
The tropicals head to the Mediterranean with this pesto. Sure you can top pasta, but you can also enjoy this as a side or as a topping for the dinner entrée.
- 1 oz. dried mango, cut into pieces
- 2 oz dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup Groovy coconut, shredded
- 3 Florida starfruit, edges trimmed with veggie peeler, cut into star slices with seeds discarded then chopped into small pieces
- 2 limes
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 cup goat cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the mango, cherries, coconut and starfruit.
- In a food processor, add the juice of 2 limes, olive oil, basil, goat cheese and garlic. Pulse to combine.
- Add the pesto mixture to the fruit, toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate covered for 8 hours. Just before serving, toss gently.