- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ginger papaya cauliflower roast
Poor cauliflower; it often gets drenched in drippy cheese to make it palatable. Not necessary - true, a little cheese sprinkled on the top helps, but ginger and Caribbean Red papaya makes a dish of cauliflower worthwhile with each bite.
- Nonfat cooking spray
- olive oil - 3 tbs
- salt and pepper - 1/2 tsp
- parsley flakes - 1/8 cup
- Fresh giner - 1 inch
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1/2
- cauliflower florets - 1 10-oz. bag
- grated mozzarella cheese - 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Spray a 10"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large plastic bag, add the olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley flakes. Shake to combine.
- Peel the ginger. Grate into very small or minced pieces. Add to the bag.
- Peel the papaya. Cut off the ends. Cut in half and scoop out and discard the seeds. Chop half the papaya into small pieces. Add to the bag. Reserve the remaining papaya half for another recipe.
- Add the cauliflower to the bag. Close tightly and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. If a golden brown topping is desired, broil for 1 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.