- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Gingered dragonfruit salad
Fresh ginger and dragonfruit add a little mystery of foreign lands to any salad. Tossed with raspberries, it's a decadent taste and look that will get second looks.
- Ginger dressing
- 1" fresh ginger
- 3 tbs pineapple juice
- 1 tbs oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 Florida dragonfruit
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 small Florida starfruit
- Cut 1" of ginger from a ginger "hand." Peel the skin either with the edge of a spoon or a veggie peeler. Using a small grater, grate the ginger into a small bowl.
- In the small bowl with the ginger, add the pineapple juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cut the dragonfruit in half. Reserve the skins if desired for serving bowls. Scoop out the white speckled interior. Cut into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the dragonfruit and raspberries. Toss. Add the dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 2 hours. Toss gently just before serving.
- To serve, trim the edges of the starfruit and slice into star-shaped slices. then
- Option: if using the dragonfruit skins for bowls, cut the bottoms off the skins so the skins can stand by themselves. Scoop the salad into each half
- Option: if this salad will be part of a bagged lunch, keep the dressing separate until lunchtime. Toss with the fruit just before serving.