- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
This recipe gives you directions from fruit to purée. It's a lot of effort for a smoothie. I suggest cooking a dozen guava and save what doesn't go in a smoothie for another recipe. Cooked guava can be frozen for future use. Is it worth the effort? Ask any Latino or Latina.
- red guavas - 3
- strawberries - 6
- vanilla Greek yogurt - 6 oz
- honey - 1 tbs
- ice cubes (omit if using frozen guava) - 5
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, place 4 cups of water. While bringing the water to a boil, wash and peel the guava. Cut off the ends. Cut in half around the middle, and cut in half again. Add to the water in the saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Keep at a slow boil for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Place in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Using a fine sieve, push the guava through the sieve. Discard the seeds.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the guava back in the food processor (freeze any extra guava for future smoothies). Add the strawberries, yogurt, honey and ice cubes (if not using frozen guava). Pulse until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately.