- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Lychee and melon fruit salad
Lychees add a great taste and texture to a fruit salad of melons: watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and even papaya. Adding a balsamic dressing gives some additional depth to the taste. Substitute your own fruit dressing or enjoy the fruit salad au natural. You'll enjoy the lychee addition.
- lychees - 12
- melons (your choice honey dew, cantaloupe, watermelon), cut into 1 - 2 cups
- Caribbean Red® papaya, cut into 1 - 1/4
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tbs
- extra virgin olive oil - 2 tbs
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- fresh basil, chopped - 2 tbs
- Peel the lychees, discard the seeds and chop into quarters.
- In a large bowl, add the lychees, melons, and papaya.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, and basil.
- Add the dressing to the fruit bowl and gently toss. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Toss gently just before serving.