- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Mandarin Uniq fruit breakfast cupcakes
Cupcakes with a refreshing citrus taste - perfect for a breakfast treat.
- non-fat cooking spray
- Uniq Fruit - 2
- Groovy Coconut - 1/4
- Yellow cake mix - 1 pkg.
- Plus any eggs or other ingredients required by the mix
- Mandarin orange segments - 1-8 oz. can
- frozen whipped topping, thawed - 1 - 8 oz. pkg
- instant vanilla pudding mix - 1 - 3 oz. pkg
- Groovy Coconut - 2 tbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Spray the rims of your cupcake tins with cooking spray. Place cupcake liners in your cupcake tins.
3. Peel one of the Uniq fruit. Discard any white membrane or translucent skin. Chop into small pieces. Reserve any juice. Set aside the pieces and juice in a bowl.
4. For fresh coconut, open a Groovy Coconut and extract the white flesh. For an easy way to do this...
5. Add coconut (fresh or shredded) to the bowl. Reserve 2 tbs. for the topping.
6. Strain the liquid out of the mandarin oranges.
7. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix with all but one of the ingredients listed on the mix box. Do not add any water or milk.
8. Add the mandarin orange sections, the shredded coconut, the juice, and the chopped Uniq fruit pieces. Beat until relatively smooth. The batter will be lumpy.
9. Scoop the batter into the muffin tins.
10. Bake as directed for cupcakes on the cake mix box. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool completely.
1. In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping, the juice of the remaining Uniq fruit and the contents of the pudding mix package.
2. Spread on the cake with a knife. Top each cupcake with a piece of Uniq fruit and sprinkle with reserved shredded coconut.