- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Mushrooms and red guava
We grow guavas with as much sun as possible. A well-pruned guava tree bears more fruit. Red guava needs its sun, mushrooms don't. Go figure; the sun-lover and shade-lover make an exquisite side dish with the help of guava's tropical friend, passionfruit.
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Red guavas - 1/2 lb
- Passionfruit - 2
- Olive oil - 3 tbs
- Limes - 3
- Garlic, minced - 3 cloves
- Thyme - 2 tsps
- salt and pepper - 1/2 tsp each
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced - 1 1/2 lbs
- Parmesan cheese, shredded - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a rimmed edge baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Peel the guava. Cut into quarters. With a paring knife or spoon, cut or scoop out the seeds. Slice into 1/4-inch pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Cut the passionfruit in half along the middle. Add to the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, zest of 1/2 lime, the juice of 3 limes, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Add the mushrooms and guava. Gently toss to cover.
- Arrange the mushrooms and guava in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until brown. Flip once during baking.
- Serve warm.