- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Papaya passionfruit pretzel crumble
Pretzels make a great crust for this crumble. Tropicals like papaya and passionfruit make it unforgettable. Either way, papaya, passionfruit, and pretzels go great together.
- Butter, melted - 3/4 cups
- Pretzels - 1- 6 oz. bag
- Sugar - 1/8 cup
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Orange-flavored gelatin - 3 oz pkg
- Boiling water - 2 cups
- Caribbean Red® papaya - 1/2 or 2 cups chopped
- Passionfruit - 2
- Limes - 2
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove with a pot holder.
- Cut a small hole at the top of the pretzel bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the pretzels inside. There will be small pieces. Reserve 2 tbs. for topping.
- Add the pretzels and sugar to the melted-butter bowl. Combine to moisten all ingredients.
- Spray a 9" x 12" rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Scoop the pretzel mixture into the bottom and press down.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Follow the directions on the gelatin package to make quick-set gelatin. If you want a crunchy filling, let the gelatin almost set to the point that it's not really pourable. Otherwise, let the mixture thicken slightly.
- Peel a Caribbean Red papaya. Discard the seeds. Chop the papaya into small pieces. For an easy way to do this...
- Add the papaya pieces to a large bowl.
- Cut the passionfruit in half. Scoop out the centers and add to the bowl. For tips on opening passionfruit...
- Squirt the juice of the limes into the bowl. Toss the fruit to combine.
- Add the gelatin to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Scoop the papaya mixture over the pretzel filling. Smooth over the entire dish. Top with the reserved pretzel pieces.
- Refrigerate covered until completely chilled - at least 1 hour.