- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Papaya Wasabi Dip
Papaya-based wasabi dip is an unusual flavor combination that tastes great drizzled on shrimp and fruits such as, papaya, or honeydew melon. Looks elegant, but is easy to do.
- Solo or Caribbean Red papaya - 2 Solo or 1/2 Caribbean Red papaya
- Limes - 2
- Wasabi paste - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- Cooked shrimp, chilled - 1/2 lb
- Wasabi peas, finely chopped - 2 tbs
- Cut open the Solo papayas. Discard the seeds. Scoop out the orange meat. For one Solo, slice into large squares for the kabobs. For the other Solo papaya, chop into small pieces.
- Combine papaya chunks, juice of one lime, wasabi paste and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Skewer papaya chunks and shrimp on a shish kebab stick.
- Chill everything until ready to serve.
- Garnish with chopped wasabi peas.