- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Passionfruit anchovies and onion
Perfect sauce for sautéed onions which can nicely top the evening's entree, either coming off the grill or out of the frying pan.
- Passionfruit - 2
- Fresh ginger - 2
- Raisins - 1/3 cup
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 tbs
- Anchovy fillets, drained - 1 2-oz can
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Limes - 2
- Fresh parsley - 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
- Large onion, sliced into rings - 1
- Slice the passionfruit in half. Scoop out the insides. Add to a food processor.
- Slice off 2" from a hand of ginger. With a vegetable peeler, scrape off the skin. Add to the food processor.
- Add the raisins, vinegar, anchovies and salt to the food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Add parsley to the food processor. Pulse until the parsley is coarsely chopped.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Let it heat for 3 minutes, then add the onions. Stir to coat. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the passionfruit mixture to the skillet. Stir until combined. Stir frequently for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve warm. Serving suggestions:
- Top grilled meat hot off the grill.
- Top any entree, hot from the oven or frying pan.
- Spoon over eggplant slices
- Toss with any steamed veggie like broccoli