- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Passionfruit citrus vinaigrette
Warm or cold, this veggie topper knows no bounds in whether what it's topping or what citrus you choose to add to it. Passionfruit drives the flavor, the citrus is the means of transport.
- Passionfruit - 2
- Fresh ginger - 2
- Uniq Fruit (if out of season, orange) - 1
- Limes - 1
- Honey - 1 tbs
- White wine vinegar - 1 t
- Kosher salt - dash
- Black pepper - dash
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 1/8 cup
- Slice the passionfruit in half. Scoop out the insides into a food processor.
- Slice 2" off a fresh ginger hand. With a vegetable peeler, scrape off the skin. Add to the food processor.
- Grate the skins of the Uniq Fruit and limes. Add the zest to the food processor.
- Cut the Uniq Fruit or orange in half. Squeeze the juice into the food processor
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the food processor.
- Add the honey, vinegar, salt and pepper to the food processor. Start processing. Add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks. Any vinaigrette that's been in the fridge comes back to life with a squirt of lime.
- Suggestions for serving:
- Top a fennel and celery salad
- Drizzle over shrimp
- Toss with roasted beets and walnuts
- Toss with any lettuce or greens salad