Microwaved passionfruit sponge cakes
Easy to make, quick to make, great to sit back and enjoy. Passionfruit adds a touch of the tropics to this moist cake with its seeds adding a fantastic crunch. The blueberry isn't required, but does add a special touch to it all.
- non-fat cooking spray
- Sugar - 2 tbs
- Sponge cake
- Passionfruit - 2
- Self-raising flour - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Butter, melted - 1 stock
- Blueberry sauce
- Blueberries or raspberries - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Spray ramekins cooking spray. Lightly dust the ramekins with sugar, coating evenly the base and sides.
- Slice the passionfruit in half. Scoop out the insides and add to a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and sugar to the bowl. Then whisk in the melted butter, followed by the flour.
- Fill the ramekins to about two thirds full. Loosely cover with plastic wrap, leaving a small gap for steam to escape.
- Cook cakes in microwave for 45 seconds until soft and fluffy.
- Loosen the sides with a knife. Turn the ramekins over on a rimmed plate.
- Place a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Add 2 tbs of water.
- After 2 minutes, add the berries and sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- To serve, top each cake with half the sauce.