- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Sea and stars salad in SlimCado boat
SlimCados are grown in southern Florida near the ocean. It makes sense that seafood and SlimCados go so nicely together. Make the salad and serve it in a SlimCado half.
- cleaned boiled shrimp - 6-8 oz.
- diced green pepper - 1/4 cup
- thinly sliced celery - 1/4 cup
- sliced water chestnuts or toasted almond slivers - 1/4 cup
- cooked shell macaroni - 2 cups
- starfruit cut into star slices (reserve 4 slices for garnish) - 1
- SlimCados, cut in half, with pit removed and sprinkled with lime juice to prevent browning - 2
- chilled lettuce leaves - 4 leaves
- mayonnaise - 1/2-3/4 cup
- chopped onion - 1 tbs
- french dressing - 1 tbs
- lime - 1
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 tsp
- pepper to taste
- Prepare dressing and combine it with everything except SlimCado and lettuce.
- Chill thoroughly to blend flavors.
- To serve, spoon salad into SlimCado boats and place on lettuce lined plates.
- Top each serving with a slice of starfruit.