- Prep Time: 10 minutes
SlimCado cilantro topping
You can simply chop some fresh cilantro to top or toss with a SlimCado avocado, or you could make a topping that adds a certain pizzazz to the fruit. If you want to be daring, try Mexican culantro (spelling is right) instead of cilantro. You might not go back.
Although this makes a great salad, chop up the SlimCado into small pieces for a great topping for the evening's entree. Both poultry and beef can be topped.
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Cilantro or culantro - 1/2 cup
- Lime - 1
- Garlic cloves - 3 minced
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbs
- Sugar - 1 tbs
- SlimCado avocado - 1
- Slice 1" off a hand of fresh ginger. Peel with a knife or spoon.
- Add the ginger to the bowl of a food processor along with the cilantro, juice of one lime, garlic cloves, olive oil and sugar. Pulse until well chopped and combined.
- Scoop into a refrigerator container and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, cut open a SlimCado avocado and remove the seed. With a large spoon, scoop out the flesh.
- Cut the avocado halves into slices or quarters. Serve with cilantro topping.
- Chop the avocado into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl, add the cilantro topping and gently toss.
- Serve immediately as a salad or a topper for chicken, burgers, steaks or fish.