SlimCado coconut corn chowder
It's corn chowder gone green, and in an avocado way. Easy to make and easy to store for lunches and for fast dinners.
- Fresh ginger - 2 inches
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbs
- Garlic cloves, minced - 2
- Onion, diced - 1/2
- Groovy Coconut - 1/4
- SlimCado avocados - 2
- Limes - 2
- Coconut oil - 1 tbs
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Sea salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Chicken broth - 4 cups
- Chicken, pre-cooked and chopped - 3 cups
- Corn - one 11 oz can
- Tortilla chips
- Using a spoon or veggie peeler, peel the ginger. Add to a food processor and pulse until minced.
- Over medium-high heat, add the oil to a Dutch oven. Add the garlic and ginger, saute for 3 minutes. Add the onion and saute until caramelized. Put aside.
- Open a Groovy Coconut, remove the shell and place 1/4 the white flesh into the food processor. Reserve the rest for another recipe.
- Cut open the avocados, remove the seed and skins. Add to the food processor.
- To the food processor add 1 tsp lime zest, the juice of 2 limes and coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Over medium heat, add the avocado puree to the Dutch oven. Stir in the cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the corn and the shredded chicken and stir to combine. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.