- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
SlimCado sushi roll
A fun way to enjoy a couple of Florida fruits, with sushi as a side dish or as part of a sushi dinner. Don't worry if you don't have a bamboo sushi roller; a dish towel will do.
- 1 SlimCado avocado
- 1 pkg dry guacamole mix
- 1 dragonfruit
- 4 sheets nori (roasted seaweed)
- 1/8 cup tamari sauce, optional
- wasabi and sushi ginger
- Cut open the SlimCado. Discard the seed. Scoop out the insides into a medium bowl and mash. Add the guacamole mix. Stir to combine. Place in a storage container with plastic wrap covering the surface. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut open the dragon fruit through the middle. Scoop out the insides and chop into small pieces. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, place the nori on top of the bamboo mat or clean dish towel with the shiny and smoother side down.
- Drain any water that may have accumulated on the avocado. Scrape off any avocado that may have browned from oxidation.
- Spread the mashed SlimCado on top of the nori, leaving the nori uncovered about a 1/2 inch on three sides and 1 inch on one side. The side that is 1 inch uncovered should run parallel to the bamboo sticks.
- Place the dragon fruit pieces in 3 long strips parallel to the bamboo sticks. Each strip of dragon fruit should be 2 inches apart.
- To roll the nori, lift the nori edge on the opposite side (1 inch uncovered). Gradually curl the nori over the filling, keeping the filling firmly in place with your fingers. If using a dish towel, just remember to start your rolling parallel to the long strips of dragon fruit.
- When the edge of the bamboo mat touches the opposite side, gently squeeze the roll along its entire length to compress it. Reposition the nori, and repeat until the entire roll is sealed.
- Roll the nori over until the seal is on the bottom.
- With a serrated knife, cut the roll into slices.
- Repeat with the other 3 sheets of nori.
- Serve drizzled with tamari sauce, with wasabi and sushi ginger on the side.