- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
Sopa de eddo
The eddo's slightly nutty taste makes it ideal for a creamy soup perfect for cooler weather.
2 tbs butter
2 lbs eddos
1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
4 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
3 cups vegetable broth
1 bouquet of fresh cilantro
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Butter - 2 tbs
- Eddos - 2 lbs
- Small white onion, coarsely chopped - 1
- Celery stalks, coarsely chopped - 4
- Green pepper, deseeded and chopped - 1
- Vegetable broth - 3 cups
- Fresh cilantro - 1 bouquet
- Heavy cream - 1 cup
- Salt and pepper - 1/2 tsp each
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Using gloves, peel the eddos with a vegetable peeler. Chop into 2" pieces or smaller.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the eddos, onion and celery. Stir to coat. Cook covered until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and vegetable broth. Stir to combine.
- To the side of the skillet, fasten the cilantro bouquet to the side. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until the eddos are soft.
- Remove the cilantro and add the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and purée.
- Serve hot.