- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Stars in your papaya dessert
Fruit desserts often get a bad rap or get served with lots of sugar. This recipe is simply delicious. The tropical flavors deliver all the "sweet" you need.
- Florida starfruit - 2
- Caribbean Red® papaya, chopped (about two cups) - 1/4
- orange or pineapple juice - 6 oz.
- brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- powdered coconut milk - 1 pkg 1.76 oz.
- Slice the ends off of the starfruit. Discard. Slice the starfruit into 1/4" slices. Discard any seeds.
- Peel and cut open a Caribbean Red papaya. Discard the peel and seeds. Chop enough for 2 cups of bit-sized pieces. Reserve the remaining papaya for another dish.
- Over medium-high heat in a large saucepan, add the orange juice and brown sugar stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil. Add the starfruit slices and papaya chunks. Return to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add the contents of the powdered coconut milk package. Add 1/2 the recommended water. Whisk to combine.
- Divide starfruit and papaya between 4 bowls. Drizzle the coconut milk over the top. Serve immediately.