- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Sweet and sour mamey
If you and your guests have enjoyed mamey before, serve this combination for some raves. If the fruit is new to you, keep the sweet (mamey) separate from the sour cream and let everyone savor the mamey's taste and how it dovetails nicely with the sour cream mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, brown sugar and honey.
- Cut open a mamey. Discard the seed. Refrigerate half for later use. Scoop out the remaining half and mash.
- Refrigerate both the mamey and sour cream mixture for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serving options
- Combine the sour cream mixture with the mamey.
- Scoop some mamey onto individual serving dishes. Top with the sour cream mixture.
- Serve topped with sweet biscuits or wafers.