- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Taco guaco salad
Casseroles topped with smashed potato chips were a childhood favorite activity in the kitchen. Something about taking a hammer to your food (enclosed in its bag, of course) makes it fun. Trade potato for tortilla and we've got a baked taco guacamole. Serve hot or cold. Reminiscent of that party favorite "7 layer dip."
- refried beans or black beans - 1 16 oz. can
- SlimCado® avocado, halved and pitted - 1
- Concord Food Mild Guacamole Mix - 1 pkg
- pitted and sliced black olives, drained - 1 16 oz. can
- tomatoes, chopped - 2
- hredded cheddar cheese - 1 cup
- tortilla chips - 1 bag
- sour cream or Greek yogurt - 4 oz.
- iceberg lettuce, shredded - 1 head
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the refried beans evenly on the bottom of a 9" x 11" shallow serving dish. Glass for a see-through effect.
- In a medium bowl, mash the SlimCado and add the Concord Foods Guacamole Mix. Combine. Spread the guacamole mix on top of the beans in the baking dish.
- Rinse out the bowl used to make the guacamole. Toss the black olives and chopped tomatoes together in the bowl.
- Spread the tomatoes and olives over the guacamole in the baking dish. Then top with the shredded cheese, reserving 2 tbs for garnish.
- Crack a small opening in the tortilla chip bag. Push out as much air as possible. Holding the bag closed, use a mallet or your fist to pound the tortilla chips into small pieces.
- Spread the chip pieces over the top of the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold over a bed of shredded lettuce. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and the sour cream or Greek yogurt.