- Yield: 8 slices
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Tropical fruit pizza
Forget the pizza delivery app. The pizza delivery guy won't know what to make with this delivery. Easy to make, avoiding lots of time in the kitchen. And in the heat of the summer, that counts. Add tofu to the pizza and you've got a fruity dinner.
- Tofu marinade
- Soy sauce - 2 tbs
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbs
- Maple syrup - 1 tbs
- Cayenne powder - 1/8 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tsp
- Ginger, minced - 1
- Limes - 2
- Tofu - 7 oz. or half a regular sized container
- Dragonfruit, red - 1
- Starfruit - 1
- Ginger, minced - 1 inch
- Pizza crust, pre-made - 1
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, cayenne powder, cornstarch, ginger and the juice of 2 limes.
- Slice the tofu into 1/2" cubes. Add to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
For the fruit pizza
- Pre-heat oven as directed on the pizza crust package. Place the pre-formed pizza crust on a baking sheet. Crimp the edges about an inch high to prevent overflow.
- In a large bowl add 1 tbs of the marinade and the tofu.
- Peel the dragonfruit. Chop into small pieces add to the bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Add the dragonfruit mixture to the pizza crust.
- Trim the edges off of a starfruit. Slice into star-shaped slices. Top the pizza with starfruit.
- Bake as directed on the crust package. Serve warm.