- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Tropical cream fruit dessert
If adding canned fruit to a dessert makes you cringe, take advantage of tropical fruit now in season for this easy-make dessert.
- Groovy Coconut - 1/4
- Uniq Fruit - 1
- Passionfruit - 1
- Solo papayas - 3
- Banana - 1
- Instant pistachio pudding mix - 1 3.5 oz. pkg
- Milk - as required by the mix
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup
- Starfruit - 1
- For fresh coconut, open a Groovy Coconut and extract the white flesh. For an easy way to do this...
- Add coconut (fresh or shredded) to a large bowl. Reserve 2 tbs. for topping.
- Peel the Uniq fruit. Discard any white strings. Pull apart the individual segments. If segments are larger than bite-sized, cut each segment in half. Add to the coconut in the large bowl.
- Slice the passion fruit in half. Scoop out the inside and add to the bowl.
- Cut the Solo papayas in half. Discard the seeds. Scoop out the flesh. Reserve the skins by wrapping in plastic wrap and refrigerating.
- Chop the orange papaya flesh into bite-sized pieces. Add the pieces to the bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, follow the directions on the pudding mix box to make a quick-set pudding. Let set, and then add the sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Add the pudding mixture to the fruit bowl. Gently fold to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, scoop the pudding mixture into the reserved Solo papaya skins. Add slices of Florida starfruit to the top and sprinkle with 2 tbs. of the reserved coconut.