- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Tropical fruit tower salad
Striking salad makes for a striking great side dish.
- Uniq Fruit - 2
- Starfruit - 2
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1
- Limes - 2
- Fresh basil, chopped - 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar - 1/8 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/8 cup
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Peel the skin off of a Caribbean Red papaya. Cut the bottom off and scoop out the seeds. Slice into circles. For an EZ way to do this...
- Peel the Uniq Fruit, slice circles by slicing across the width of the fruit.
- Slice the starfruit into stars.
- Slice one lime into circles.
- On a serving platter, first arrange the papaya circles, top with Uniq Fruit circles, then lime slices and starfruit slices.
- Chop up any remaining fruit (except the limes).
- In a large bowl combine the juice of one lime, vinegar, oil and pepper. Add the chopped fruit and toss. Drain any extra dressing to serve next to the tower salad.
- Serve the toss and tower salads together with extra dressing on the side.