- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Tropical memories veggie dip
If any of your partygoers are from the Caribbean, you'll make the top of the list of party hosts for serving mamey, a fruit that always brings sweet memories of their homeland. Your non-Caribbean mates will want to go to the place that grows this sweet fruit. If that's not enough, this dip teams mamey up with passionfruit. That's my definition of win-win. Try it as a dip or spread.
- 1/2 mamey sapote (ripe when really soft)
- 2 passionfruit (ripe when wrinkled)
- 1 (4 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Slice the mamey in half lengthwise. Discard the seed and scoop out half of the orange flesh into a food processor bowl. Reserve the other half for tomorrow's breakfast smoothies.
- Slice the passionfruit in half. Scoop the insides into the food processor bowl. Add the brown sugar and the cream cheese. Pulse until relatively smooth. Taste, and add additional cream cheese if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve as a dip with celery or carrot sticks or broccoli. Or serve as a spread on top of a hard roll.