- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Twice-baked potatoes; the second time is for the mamey
Mamey's texture will remind you of pumpkin or a baked sweet potato. Lets work with the baked sweet potato texture and match a baked potato with mamey in a rosier and healthier version of twice-baked potatoes.
- large russet or baking potato (boniato, if you can find it) - 1
- butter - 2 tbs
- salt - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- mamey sapote - 1/2
- Groovy Coconut, shredded - 1 tbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Wash the potato and pierce with a fork. Microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise and let cool enough to easily handle.
- Scoop out the potato insides into a large bowl. Put the potato skins aside. Add the butter, salt and vanilla to the bowl.
- Cut the mamey in half. Discard the seed. Scoop out half the meat into the bowl. With a potato masher, mix until creamy.
- Scoop mixture into potato skins. Bake for 15 minutes. Top with coconut and serve immediately.