- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 1h 20 min
Uniq Fruit crab salad
Uniq Fruit has a sweet taste with a hint of tartness to it. It's perfect both in a salad dressing and as a salad ingredient in an entrée salad that stars crabmeat and watercress.
- Uniq Fruit - 1
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- White cooking wine - 3 tbs
- Honey - 1 tbs
- Cilantro, chopped - 1 tbs
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Caribbean Red papaya or Solo papaya, peeled and diced - 1/4 of a Caribbean Red, 1 whole Solo
- Red onion, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Red bell pepper, chopped - 1
- Canned crabmeat, drained and flaked - 1 can
- Watercress - 1/4 cup
- Peel the Uniq Fruit and remove plinth and any seeds.
- Take 3 sections of the Uniq Fruit and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. Pull the remainder of the Uniq Fruit into sections. Slice into bite-sized pieces and put aside.
- To the Uniq Fruit juice bowl add the olive oil, cooking wine, honey, cilantro, salt and pepper. Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the papaya, red onion, red bell pepper and crabmeat. Add the salad dressing and gently toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Arrange the watercress on salad plates. Toss the salad gently, then divide the salad between the plates. Serve immediately.