- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Uniq Fruit fruit salad
With Uniq Fruit's taste combination of grapefruit and tangerine, it can act as both a fruit and the dressing in this apple and cucumber fruit salad. You may find the dressing a winner in other salads.
- Uniq Fruit - 2
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- Granny Smith apples, cut into 3/4 - 2
- small cucumber, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise and then sliced into 3/4 - 1
- limes - 2
- cilantro, chopped - 2 tbs
- black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt - 1/4 tsp
- Cut 1 Uniq Fruit in half. Over high heat, squeeze the juice into a small saucepan. Add the sugar; stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally. Let reduce for 15 minutes. Put aside and let cool.
- Peel the other Uniq Fruit. Cut in half widthwise. Separate into sections, and cut the sections in half. Put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the Granny Smith apple and cucumber chunks to the fruit bowl. Toss gently.
- Add the juice of 2 limes, cilantro, salt and pepper to the cooled Uniq Fruit juice. Stir to combine.
- Pour juice mixture over fruit mixture. Gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.