- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Uniq Fruit spring salad
Uniq Fruit sweetly complements the complex tastes of mushrooms and kale. Sautéing the mushrooms and peanuts is optional, but adds to the dish's savoriness.
- Uniq Fruit vinaigrette
- Uniq Fruit - 1
- Sherry vinegar - 1/8 cup
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Chives, chopped - 1 tbs
- Olive oil - 3 tbs
- Raw peanuts, chopped - 1/8 cup
- Mushrooms, sliced thin - 4 oz
- Sweet kale - 6 oz.
- Peel the Uniq Fruit and remove plinth and any seeds.
- Take 3 sections of the Uniq Fruit and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. Pull the remainder of the Uniq Fruit into sections. Slice into bite-sized pieces and put aside.
- To the Uniq Fruit juice bowl add the vinegar, olive oil, salt and chives. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Optional: In a small skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. After 2 minutes, add the peanuts and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the Uniq Fruit sections, kale, and peanuts and mushrooms. Add the vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss gently.