- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Guava dessert topping
There's a reason Latinos choose red guava as their dessert fruit, it's that sweet. Plus it carries a nutritional punch!
So get out your favorite dessert recipe or buy the dessert already made from the store. Top with this naturally sweet fruit topping to add some great taste, super color plus some glamour to the meal's end.
- With a veggie peeler, peel the guavas.
- Add the guavas to a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain the guava mixture back into the blender or food processor. Discard the seeds.
- Add the cream cheese, the juice of two limes and sugar. Pulse until smooth. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Serve topping individual slices or let your diners help themselves to the topping.