- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Always nice to sit at the lake and wait for the stars to come out. But there's no need to wait, this starfruit salsa bring the stars early. It's easy and quick to make, so you can spend more time outside waiting for those stars.
- 1 medium Florida starfruit
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- optional salt to taste
- With a veggie peeler, trim the ribs of the starfruit. Slice into stars and remove any seeds. Reserve one star slice, then chop the remaining slices into small pieces. Add to a medium bowl.
- Remove the cores of the plum tomatoes. Then chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Chop the green onions into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro to the bowl. Gently toss then add pepper and salt as desired.
- You can serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The salsa will get juicier over time.