- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Caribbean ginger papaya waffle topper
You could top Caribbean Red papayas and waffles with maple syrup, but a simple (and quick) no-cook syrup made of agave and ginger adds a savory touch to your breakfast. With papaya, you won't miss the sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Agave nectar - 1/8 cup
- Hot tap water - 2 tbs
- Fresh ginger, sliced thinly (you can leave the skin on) - 1
- Caribbean Red papaya, cut into strips - 1/4
- Frozen waffles, ready to toast - 4
- In a small bowl, combine agave nectar, hot tap water and ginger slices. Put aside.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya. Cut the papaya in half lengthwise and discard the seeds. Then cut the halves into quarters. Slice 1 quarter into strips. Refrigerate the remaining three-quarters of papaya for another recipe.
- Toast the waffles. Remove the ginger slices from the syrup.
- To serve, top the toasted waffles with papaya strips and drizzle with the ginger syrup.