- Yield: 24 fries
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Papaya pie fries
Fruit pies are nice, particularly when papayas the star. But a slight twist and its fried pie with a great fruit taste.
- 2 cups Caribbean Red papaya (about ½ a fruit)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs sugar
- Preheat oven to 425º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya and cut in half, remove the seeds. Cut into large pieces and add to a food processor. Add the sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Pulse until smooth.
- On the parchment paper, roll out one pie crust. Spread the papaya mixture on the pie crust, leaving 1/4" border. Top with the second pie crust. Using a pastry brush, brush the pie crust with the egg wash. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a pizza or pastry cutter, slice into 1 slices 3 to 4 inches long. Separate slightly for baking. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.