- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Starfruit BBQ sauce
This BBQ sauce can be used on any meat headed for the grill or as a precooked version for heating up on the stove.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium Florida starfruit, just larger than the palm of your hand
- 1 pkg 15 oz. precooked pulled pork au jus (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, cayenne, salt and black pepper.
Slice the starfruit into thin (about 1/4") star shapes. Discard seeds and ends.
See the options below for cooking the meat.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, bring the ketchup mixture or BBQ sauce to a slow boil
Add the starfruit slices to the skillet. Turn the heat down and simmer about 10 minutes
- Serve warm, placing starfruit slices on top of the meat. Serve the BBQ sauce either as a topping or in a small bowl for diners to add to the meat themselves.
- For grilling: brush about half of the BBQ sauce on your meat to be grilled. Grill as desired. Use the remaining BBQ sauce in step 3.
- For precooked: follow the instructions on the package to heat up the meat.