- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Caribbean ginger papaya waffle or toast topper
You could top waffles with maple syrup or toast with lots of jam, but a simple (and quick) no-cook syrup made of agave and ginger adds a savory touch to your breakfast. With papaya and dragonfruit, you won't miss the sweetness of the maple syrup or jam.
- agave nectar - 1/8 cup
- hot tap water - 2 tbs
- fresh ginger, sliced thinly (You can leave the skin on.) - 1
- Caribbean Red papaya cut into strips - 1/4
- frozen waffles or toast - 2-4 slices
- dragonfruit, chopped - 1/2
- In a small bowl, combine agave nectar, hot tap water and ginger slices. Put aside.
- Peel the Caribbean Red papaya. Cut the papaya in half lengthwise and discard the seeds. Then cut the halves into quarters. Slice 1 quarter into strips. Refrigerate the remaining three quarters of papaya for another recipe.
- Slice open the dragonfruit. Scoop out the white interior. Chop into small chunks. Reserve half for another dish.
- Toast the waffles or toast.
- Remove the ginger slices from the syrup.
- To serve, top the toasted waffles and toast with papaya strips and dragonfruit chunks. Drizzle with the ginger syrup.