- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Caribbean Red papaya no-bake cake
You can have your cake and enjoy Caribbean Red papaya too! Take an already-baked angel food cake and step it up dessert-wise with the great taste of papaya.
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1/2
- pineapple or orange gelatin - 1 3.5 oz. pkg.
- prepared angel food cake - 1
- frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed - 1 small tub
- Cut the Caribbean Red papaya in half and discard the seeds and skin. Chop the papaya into small pieces. For an easy way to do this...
- Break up the angel food cake into large bite-sized chunks. Add to a large bowl.
- Follow the directions on the gelatin box to make a quick-set gelatin. When thickened slightly, add to the angel food bowl. Make sure all angel food chunks are moistened.
- Layer half of the moistened angel food cake chunks on the bottom of a 9" x 12" dish. Add about 2 cups of Caribbean Red papaya pieces on top. Top that with the remaining angel food cake chunks. Top with any remaining papaya pieces.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours. Enjoy within 24 hours (the angel food cake gets a bit soggy after that).