- Yield: 2/3 cups
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Most salad dressings are not known for their nutritional benefits. But here's one that has the right amount of oomph to top even plain old iceberg lettuce.
- Brooks Solo papaya - 1
- fresh ginger - 1
- minced onion - 1 tbs
- fresh tarragon, chopped - 1 tbs
- garlic, minced - 1 tsp
- dry mustard - 1 tsp
- lime - 1
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- head of iceberg lettuce - 1/2
- Cut the Brooks Solo papaya in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard all but 2 tbs of them. Scoop out the Solo papaya meat. Cut the meat into pieces small enough to fit into a food processor.
- Peel the ginger and cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- In a food processor, add the papaya meat and seeds, as well as the ginger. Pulse until relatively smooth.
- Add the onion, tarragon, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and juice of 1 lime. Pulse until mixed.
- Cut the lettuce head half into 2 pieces and drizzle with dressing.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing. It should last up to a week.