- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
Chicken and lime noodles
Lime and coconut jazz up this chicken noodle soup. Enjoy for dinner one night, then lunch the next day too.
- vegetable oil - 1 tbs
- red Thai chilies, chopped - 2 small
- fresh ginger, peeled and grated - 2-inch
- limes - 8 small or 4 large limes (about 2/3 cup juice)
- fish sauce - 3 tbs
- chicken broth - 2 cups
- unsweetened coconut milk - 1 can (14 oz.)
- precooked chicken, bite-sized - 2 8 oz. packages
- cilantro - 5 leaves culantro (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- pad Thai noodles - 1 8 oz. box
- limes for garnish - 2
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil. Heat for 2 minutes, then add the chilies, ginger, lime juice and fish sauce. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Add the chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions, add to the chicken soup with the culantro, and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Serve garnished with a wedge of lime.