- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Cobbler cake mix gone tropical
Check out a new peach cobbler cake mix that suggests substituting fresh papaya for fresh peaches. One, kudos for giving us a fresh fruit option. Two, thanks for thinking how papaya would work in the mix. And three, thanks for a cake mix that embraces a good deal of fresh fruit. Easy to make
- Calhoun Bend Mill peach cobbler mix - 1 pkg
- Unsalted butter - 1/2 stick
- Milk - 2/3 cup
- Caribbean Red papaya - 1
- Orange juice - 1/2 cup
- Optional topping
- Cream cheese, softened - 1 8 oz pkg
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Flour - 3 tbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Melt butter in an 8 or 9" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cobbler mix with milk.
- Pour the batter over the butter.
- Scoop the papaya pieces over the batter.
- Pour the orange juice over the papaya pieces.
Optional whipped cream topping
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, sugar and flour.
- Carefully smooth over the top of the papaya pieces.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.