- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Passionate lime fool with papaya
A very British dessert that embraces tropical flavors with a flair. If you think the Brits don't enjoy tropical fruits, you haven't seen a British baking show. They love tropical fruits. This dessert will show you why. Try this with the papaya chopped or with all the ingredients served a papaya half. Both delish.
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- Limes - 2 large or 4 small
- Passionfruit - 2
- White baking chocolate - 6 oz
- Heavy cream - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 3 tbs
- Solo papayas - 2
- Groovy Coconut - 1/8
- Starfruit - 1
- Juice 2 limes for about 1/4 cup of juice. Grate enough lime rind to have 1 tsp. of grated peel. Add the lime juice and grated peel to a small saucepan.
- Cut the passionfruit in half. Scoop out the centers and add to the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, and combine 1/4 cup of the heavy cream with the lime and passion fruit mixture. Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat to low.
- Over the saucepan, break the white chocolate into pieces. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool. Stir occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining heavy cream. With an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until stiff. Fold the cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Cut the Solo papayas in half. Discard the seeds.
- For fresh coconut, open a Groovy coconut and extract the white flesh. For an easy way to do this...
- Divide the cream mixture between the Solo papaya halves. Top with coconut (fresh or shredded). Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 2 hours.
- With a vegetable peeler, trim the ribs of the Florida star fruit. Slice into 8 star-shaped slices. Discard the seeds. Divide up the number of starfruit slices between the Solo papaya skins. Serve immediately.