- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Galaxy inverted smoothie
Starfruit doesn't look like stars when it's blended into a smoothie. But with the addition of refreshing dragonfruit, the smoothie can be an inverse of the sky, where the stars are the little black flecks of the dragonfruit and the sky is a bright and happy white. Perhaps this will be the choice of refreshment for your next sci-fi movie night.
- Starfruit - 2
- Dragonfruit - 1
- Groovy Coconut, shredded - 1/4 cup
- Low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Slice the ends off the starfruit and discard them. Slice 2 star-shaped slices for garnish. Slice the remainder into thick stars. For tips on slicing starfruit...
- Add the starfruit to a blender or food processor. Purée, then strain. Discard the seeds.
- Cut the dragonfruit in half. For an EZ way to open dragonfruit....
- Scoop out the dragonfruit's white speckled insides.
- In a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients plus the strained starfruit puree. Pulse until relatively smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses; top with starfruit slices. Serve immediately.