- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Groovy Coconut pudding
A sliver of coconut is an exquisite dessert in itself. Add that sliver to the top of coconut pudding, and it's a tropical winner. Go the extra mile in taste with fresh coconut. Once you try fresh coconut, you won't go back to the processed, shredded variety found in your grocery store. Extracting coconut may not be a breeze, but Groovy Coconuts make it just a little easier to get that tropically delicious taste.
- Groovy Coconut - 1
- cream cheese - 1 8 oz pkg
- sweetened condensed milk - 1 13.5 oz can
- instant vanilla pudding mix - 1 pkg
- coconut milk - 1 13.5 oz can
- coconut or vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- mini vanilla wafers - 1/2 pkg
- Open a Groovy Coconut and pull out the white flesh. Slice off 8 pieces from the coconut for a serving garnish. Put aside. Grate the rest or place in a food processor and pulse until it's in tiny pieces. Use 1 cup of grated coconut for the pudding recipe and 1/8 cup for the topping. Freeze or refrigerate the remaining in a storage bag.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer on low speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add 1 cup of the shredded coconut along with the condensed milk, pudding mix, coconut milk and extract, and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
- Put the pudding mixture in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Serving options
- Arrange vanilla wafers evenly on top. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of grated coconut on top. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Serve coconut slivers on the side.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Scoop into individual bowls, line bowls with wafers, sprinkle some coconut on top and then add a coconut sliver on the top.