- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Hot Tomatillo Papaya Salsa
Green roasted tomatillos and coral-colored papaya come together for a fresh-tasting salsa. This works as a dipping salsa, on grilled chicken or as a topping over eggs. Why wash a bowl when the Solo naturally provides one? If too tipsy, just cut a thin slice off the bottom for a base.
- Tomatillos, diced - 6
- Olive oil - 1 tbs
- Solo papaya - 1
- Red onion, chopped - 2 tbs
- Scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped - 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle tomatillos with olive oil; roast in a shallow pan in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes until slightly soft. Let the mixture cool slightly.*
- Slice the Solo papayas in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Scoop out the papaya and chop into small pieces. Add the papaya pieces to a large bowl along with the tomatillos.
- Add the remaining ingredients.* Scoop into papaya halves. Serve or refrigerate covered with plastic film.
*Careful with hot peppers. Use gloves and wash hands repeatedly. Do not touch your eyes!