- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Individual tropical pizzas
A big thank you to my home ec teacher, Mrs. Parker, for teaching us to make individual pizzas. I've used the idea of individual biscuit pizzas in so many ways. Have fun with this recipe. Your only limit is your imagination. OBTW, involve the kids-they'll love it.
- junior refrigerated biscuits - 1 pkg (5)
- non-fat cooking spray
- red guava - 2
- dragon fruit - 1 small
- passion fruit - 1
- Florida starfruit - 1 small
- Preheat the oven as directed on the biscuit package.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Open the biscuit package and press the individual biscuits into thin circles with a pinched rim around the outside. Arrange on the cookie sheet.
- Peel the red guava. Cut into large pieces and add to a food processor or blender. Pulse until relatively smooth. Push through a mesh strainer to separate the seeds. Discard the seeds. Top each biscuit with an equal amount of the red guava "sauce."
- Cut open the dragon fruit around the middle. Scoop out the white speckled flesh. Chop into small pieces. Add to the top of the red guava sauce.
- Cut open the passion fruit around the middle. Scoop out the inside pulp. Top the dragon fruit/guava with the passion fruit.
- With a veggie peeler, trim the ribs of the starfruit. Slice into star shapes. Discard the ends. Top each pizza with a starfruit slice.
- Bake as directed on the biscuit package. Remove when crust is golden brown. Serve immediately.