- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Citrus, passionfruit and lychee fruit salad
Lychees are great in any salad and a citrus fruit salad shows how right that can be. Lychees and passionfruit are sometimes in season at the same time. Passionfruit adds an exotic taste to the sauce and crunchy seeds to boost. Either way, it's easy to make for breakfast, snack or lunch with some protein on the side.
- 3 passion fruit*
- 1 lime
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 12 lychees
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- For the sauce:
- Cut the passionfruit in half, scoop out the interior into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the juice of one lime and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
2. For the salad
- Peel the lychees, discard the seeds and chop into quarters.
- In a large bowl, add all the fruit and the orange sauce. Toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Before serving, toss gently.