- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
My dinner parties are not spent in the kitchen unless my guests are there with me. Here's a great drink that I can mostly make ahead of time, with the final prep done by the guests themselves.
- water - 2 1/2 cups
- sugar - 1 cup
- limes - 8
- tequila - 1/3 cup
- triple sec - 4 tbs
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- Edge of glass dip
- kosher salt - 1/4 cup
- limes - 2
- lime for garnish - 1
- Over high heat, add water to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Add the juice of the limes, tequila, triple sec and salt. Stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- When cooled, pour into a freezable rectangular storage container. Place plastic wrap on the surface of the mixture, then cover and freeze until somewhat firm, about 4 hours.
- On a small-rimmed plate that fits the diameter of the bowls being used, put the juice of 2 limes. On another plate, spread the salt around the sides of the plate. Dip the rims of the serving bowls in the lime juice first, then in the salt.
- Slice the remaining lime into 6 slices.
- Scrape the frozen lime mixture with a fork to get a rocky texture.
- Scoop into the individual bowls and serve immediately with a slice of lime.