- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1h 15 min
Papaya apple pie
This is a terrific version of the traditional baker's classic that will please even the die-hard apple pie fans. Make homemade tropical.
- Pie Filling:
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 3 cups sliced Caribbean Red® papayas (sliced approximately the same size as the apple slices)
- 1/4 cup equally mixed whole wheat and white flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 fresh lime
- Pie Topping:
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Toss the above ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Scoop into a frozen or unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Combine pie-topping ingredients into a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle over the pie top.
- Bake an additional 40 minutes or until golden